Waldorf Pulse 2 Editor features
- Full recall of patches via sysEx .
- Clear tightly designed UI.
- Library with two 500 preset banks.
- Full Dump of Pulse 2 banks to library.
- Export/import library.
- Browser class filter.
- All available parameters can be automated.
- Parameters stored and recalled with Live project.
- Edit patch name and class.
- Intelligent UI will only display available parameters.
- Multiple instances can be used allowing freezing of tracks.
New features in Version 2
- Redesigned compacted UI
- Arp randomize.
- 8 Arp patterns can be stored per patch.
- Arp pattrern sequencing.
- Arp pattern sequence length.
- Arp pattern step duration.
- Arp pattern ini.
- Arp pattern duplicate.
- Custom user tags.
- Double click to reset parameters to original patch value.
- Triple click to reset parameters to initial value.
- Map 8 parameters saved with patches act as per patch macros.
- Snapshots increased to 8.
- Java midi ports replaced with standalone Max/Msp hub.
- Import Pulse 2 live V1 Library.
- Refined internals.
Host: Max for Live, Max or the FREE Max runtime:
Connections: Midi DIN out port.
Unzip Pulse 2 Live V2.zip and place folder named Pulse 2 Live V2 into your Max For Live MIDI Effect folder.
If you do not own Max install the Free runtime
Double click StandalonePorts.maxpat in the Pulse 2 Live folder to load the external midi hub.
Select Pulse2 USB midi port for sysEx communication.
NOTE Make these ports are NOT active in Live Preferences>Midi / Sync.
If you are already using the default UDP port numbers choose alternatives.
Load Pulse 2 Live onto a midi track in Live. Select the Port tab and enter UDP port numbers to match settings made in the standalone ports:
Insert an external instrument after the Pulse 2 Live device and select your midi port and audio in for playback:
Press the Get button to activate the instance and retrieve the current patch from the Pulse 2.
Q: The StandalonePorts.maxpat it brings up a window for Full Max authorization do I need to buy full Max license?
A: No the Max runtime is all you need: MAX RUNTIME CLICK HERE
Q: How do I Map a parameter ?
A: Click the map number then click a parameter if successful the name and value will be updated to the map slider.
Q: How do I access all of the Mod Source and Destination menus ?
A: The Mod section amounts have a hover feature to reveal the source/destinations, clicking them will pin the current source/destination click any amount dial again to restore the hover selection.
Q: How do I dump Pulse 2 patches to the editor library?
A: The Request dump button in the ARK tab will trigger a full dump of the Pulse 2 into the editor you will be given a choice to store to one of the two editor library banks or cancel.
Q: Where are snapshots stored?
A: Snapshots are stored with the Live set.
Q: Where are Maps stored?
A: Maps are stored with the patch in the editor library.